Monday, May 28, 2007

I love this lady's blog, confessions of a restaurant whore.
It's great because she's honest about everthing and her comments are hilarious. She likes all the restaurants I like. But most of all, she truely has a passion for 'strants and wants to like them. I see a lot of critics out there who hate everything, and it takes something really special to make them happy.
I try to go into things wanting to like them, and I usually do. I doubt that there is one bad reveiw in the whole web site.

I should also add that I looooove the place Ame in SF. It was heaven for me--- in the palace of the St.Regis hotel and across the street from one of my favorite places in the city, the MoMA and the Yerba Buena Gardens. I also love the rain, and that's what Ame means in Japanese.
We started with the special poke sashimi, which was like oh. my. god. Perfectly crunchy on the outside, perfectly crisp yet soft inside. More poor skinny mother even gave one of hers to me.
Then came the sweetbreads stew, which was the best thing I ever tasted. At the time I didn't know what sweetbreads were, I just knew that they weren't bread. I later learned that they are veal glands. That does not change the fact that they are the most tasty things on the planet, possibly the galaxy.
Well anyway when I took a bite of the main course, a fish of some kind over vegatables, I decided that those sweetbreads were the second most tasty things in the galaxy.
For desert we decided to order the sundae, which was cryptically described as "Chocolate mousse crunch with chocolate sorbet and a monkey".
The monkey, we learned is a chocolate wafer shaped like a monkey that hangs off the glass.

No comments: